Prices and Deposit Policy
Our solid pups (black or blue) are $1000.
Our colored pups (two tone or brindle) are $1200.
A non-refundable deposit of $200 is required to hold a puppy. Placing a deposit secures the buyer a position in the puppy selection process. Our buyers choose their puppies in the order that the deposits come in. If the litter does not produce the gender our buyer has designated as their preference, the buyer may choose the opposite gender or move his deposit to the next litter. We would never make a buyer take a pup that is not what he wants.
When placing a deposit on a pup, please understand that you MUST pick up your pup (or have it shipped) within a few days of it turning 8 weeks old. We are providing a pup that does not live in a kennel; he is beginning his life in a social, family setting. We want the pups to go to their new homes in their 8th week unless an agreement is made at the time of placing the deposit.
Puppy Care in our home.
1. Your puppy’s parents live in a 24 x 24 foot room with plenty of natural light, air conditioning, and heat as needed. They are carefully maintained on excellent food (4Health Chicken or Lamb) and are kept up to date on all vaccinations. A half acre fenced yard is available for them to romp in. They are routinely examined by our vet and are in excellent condition.
2. Your puppy will be whelped in a safe, clean, dry, and warm environment. He will visit the vet at 3-5 days of age to be checked over and have his dewclaws removed. 50/50 hybrids have INTACT TAILS. 75/25 hybrids have their TAILS DOCKED at this appointment.
3. Your puppy will be allowed to nurse until he is 6 weeks of age though he will begin eating puppy food at 4 weeks of age. This nursing gives him immunity through his mother’s milk. Once started on food, he will be fed an excellent wheat free, corn free food called 4 Health Puppy. He will stay on this food until he leaves and he will take some of it with him to start at your house.
4. On the day your puppy turns 6 weeks old, he will go to the vet for a thorough examination. The vet will administer his first shots and de-worm him.
5. We will post weekly pictures of the pups until selection day when they are six weeks old. We will also do seven week pictures if time allows. You will have your pup in time for eight week pictures.
6. Your puppy will have had time out doors, time playing with children, and exposure to family noises like basketballs, bicycles, mini-bikes, and cars as much as weather permits according to the season in which your pup is born.
7. Your pup will have had at least two car rides – both in crates.
8. If your puppy is being shipped or has a long car ride home, we will make sure he gets several sessions in a crate before he leaves our home.
9. Before your puppy leaves our property, he will be de-wormed at 4 wks of age with Pyrantel and 6 weeks and 8 weeks of age with Fenbendazole as recommended by our vet.
Payment, Pick up, and Shipping
1. Your $200 deposit can be made by a check made out to Janet Cook or by paypal.
2. If you are picking your pup up from our home, your balance is due in cash unless you make other arrangements with me ahead of time.
3. If you are having us ship the puppy to your area, the fee is $400. This fee covers the flight, the shipping crate, the vet office visit to get the State Health Certificate that is required to fly, the State Health Certificate itself, and my gas to the airport. If you are paying the balance of your puppy and its shipping cost by check, the check must be mailed to me when the pup is six weeks old so there is time for the check to clear. If you are paying the balance by paypal, there is an added charge of 3% to cover the paypal fee.
4. If you are planning to fly into Michigan and escort your pup home in the cabin with you, you will provide your own puppy tote. Each airline has regulations regarding these carry-ons so check with your airline. Our fee for this service is $75 if the connecting airport is Grand Rapids or $125 if the connecting airport is Detroit Metro. (Grand Rapids airport is a two hour round trip for me and Detroit Metro is a six hour round trip for me.) This fee covers the vet office visit for the State Health Certificate that is required to fly, the State Health Certificate itself, and my gas to the airport. If you are paying the balance of your puppy and its shipping cost by check, the check must be mailed to me when the pup is six weeks old so there is time for the check to clear. If you are paying the balance by paypal, there is an added charge of 8% to cover the paypal fee.
Airline travel and puppies:
Temperature control. We only ship on airlines that provide a temperature controlled compartment for animals. Even in this situation, however, the puppy has time on the runway either loading or unloading. This can add up to quite a bit of time in a crate on a luggage trolley, especially if there is any kind of delay. Because of this, the airlines will not ship a pup if any airport on the puppy’s flight itinerary has a predicted high over 85 degrees or low under 20 degrees.
Escort option. Some of our buyers opt to meet us at the airport and take their pup as a carry on. This is allowed by the airlines and is a good solution to the problem of extreme temperatures. We can meet you right at the security gate and you can escort your own puppy home. See #4 above.
1. You MUST plan to pick up your pup within a few days of the day he turns 8 weeks old. We are providing a pup that is not living in a kennel. Instead he is beginning his life in a social, family setting. We want the pups to go to their new homes in their 8th week unless an agreement is made at the time of placing the deposit.
2. You SHOULD make your vet appointment before you pick up your pup. Many offices are very busy and it is hard to get in. Once the litter is born, I will tell you the exact dates that the pup will be at the vet here and you can base your appointment on that information.
3. You MAY want to use the weeks while you wait for your pup to grow up here to brush up on your puppy training ideas. There are many good books and I have a some suggestions my puppy training page.
Paul and Janet Cook firstname.lastname@example.org
Greenville, Michigan 989-307-0924